Monday, June 05, 2006

The OP_inion

What aggrivates me, what annoys me, what shit's me to tears, what I like, what I love will all be discussed on my blog. The issues how important they are, or how trivial they appear, its about what's on my mind is how I will publish in relation to the news and current affairs issues or impacts upon my life, my popular culture and the universe I live in. Enjoy...

Today, rant number one revolves around the crummy weather we had in Sydney. What I find hard is driving in the rain... We haven't had to do it for so long and when we do it's bloody hard. I can't stand ignorant and arrogant drivers who decide, despite the rain they are still going to go 10km over the speed limit when the rest of us have to go 10km under because we can't tell if we're driving in our line or the next lane. Grow up and use some common sense, the RTA don't advise us to slow down in wet weather to make us late to work, uni, appointments or whatever is so important that we must speed in the wet. It's damn right dangerous and stupid and anyone who is caught speeding in the wet should be booked for double demerits. That will teach driver's not too speed in the wet.

Especially when we haven't had wet weather in Sydney for some time. It takes time to adjust to driving in wet conditions. The roads are more difficult to handle. Tyres don't grip to the road as well and visibility can at times be almost impossible. So please, think before you drive, especially in the rain. There are always going to be more cars on the road when it's wet, so leave earlier. Go home later, but for god sake don't hoon around the highway and tale gate me, cause it's damn right dangerous.

No comments: